The lame duck session has arrived and as you read this sentence, senators are returning back to their offices to get to work and so are we!
HLAA joins over 100 other disability organizations in this campaign to get the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) ratified in the 112th Congress. We are entering the lame duck session with more supporting votes than ever in the Senate for the - let's get even more! This is the final phase of the CRPD and it is a prime opportunity to show the resilience and strength of the disability community!
What can you do to help get a YES vote on the CRPD in 2012? Three SIMPLE things!
CONTACT - your U.S. Senators (both of them) and tell them that you support the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- FIND INFORMATION ON HOW TO CONTACT YOUR SENATORS
- Sample Message 1:"I am a person with a disability (or advocate) and I want to see the senator vote in support of the CRPD this year!"
- Sample Message 2:"This treaty is very important to the U.S. disability community! Following U.S. ratification of the treaty, U.S. leadership will help raise accessibility around the world, directly helping Americans with disabilities who live, work, or travel abroad."
- TWEET - both of your U.S. Senators to show support
- JOIN - HLAA has signed the letter of support for CRPD. Sign on your chapter to a list of over 290 disability organizations supporting CRPD
For more information on the CRPD visit:
- The United States International Council on Disabilities (USICD) CRPD Updates Page
- HLAA website