Early-bird Convention Registration is OPEN!
Check this off your list and get set for a fabulous trip to Salt Lake City! Click the Registration tab to learn more.
Where are we going?
Salt Palace Convention Center
100 South West Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Location of Opening Session, Research Symposium, and all workshops
Little America Hotel
500 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Location of Friday evening HLAA Stars Come Out (Awards Ceremony & Talent Show) and evening Cranky Cochlea Dinner Theater
We are shaking the Convention up for 2017!
- Stars Come Out: It's not too early to start thinking about what song you will sing, what instrument you will play, or what magic trick you will perform! Send a short video (MP4) via email (or Dropbox) to Nancy Macklin at email@example.com no later than March 15. The winner of the talent show will be the opening act for Gael Hannan's Huh? Life with a Cranky Cochlea on Saturday evening.
- Sunday will be available for optional tours—visit the “Explore Salt Lake City” page under the Hotel/Travel tab for more information
- NEW EVENT: Come see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Sunday morning! Be sure to RSVP to this event to see MoTab perform Music and the Spoken Word at the LDS Conference Center in Temple Square. There will be a looped section during the performance. More details will be provided in your registration packet.
- Educational workshops will be focus on communication; advocacy; hearing assistive technology (HAT); hearing loops; genealogy; and cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Early bird registration will close March 31, 2017 (previously closed January 31)
Sponsorship/Marketing and Exhibiting Opportunities
Showcase your company's product and services at HLAA2017 - there are plenty of opportunities for every budget. See the Sponsorship/Marketing and Exhibiting Opportunities prospectus for all the details.
Opening Session Keynote Speaker
It is with great honor that we announce Staff Sgt. (RET.) Shilo Harris as the keynote speaker for HLAA2017. Shilo served in Iraq in 2007 when the Humvee he and three fellow soldiers were in were hit by a roadside bomb. Shilo sustained devastating injuries and a long road to recovery. Today, he is an inspirational speaker and author of Steel Will: My Journey Through Hell to Become the Man I Was Meant to Be. A book signing will be scheduled at HLAA2017 as well.
Photographs by Tony Gatlin, fellow Veteran, 911 Pentagon Survivor and owner of Strictly Art Photography
Cranky Cochlea Dinner Theater
Saturday, June 24
Huh? Life with a Cranky Cochlea
A hilarious and poignant performance about the hearing loss life performed by Gael Hannan, renowned hearing loss advocate. With musical guests – announced soon!