Registration is open!
Hearing Loss Support Specialist Training
Online - Self-paced - Training Program
Hearing Loss Support Specialist Training provides core knowledge and understanding for individuals who work with, or wish to work with, people impacted by hearing loss. It is not restricted to any one profession or discipline. The program is beneficial to professionals or volunteers who provide support for people with hearing loss.
The training consists of 4 classes; click on a class below to open a list of the lessons included in each class.
You may register for one class at a time or register for the entire program (all four classes) at once for the discounted price of $225.
Pricing for Individual Classes:
Classes I, III and IV: $75 each
Class II: $55; Text book required for this class is Odyssey of Hearing Loss: Tales of Triumph by Michael Harvey, Ph.D.; available from Amazon and other retailers.
Upon successful completion of all four classes you will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
You must have a login for the HLAA Portal in order to register for the classes.
- Create a login for the HLAA Portal (will take 2 business days to process)
- After 2 business days, login to the HLAA Portal and you will see "HLSST" on the left menu
- Click on "HLSST" to go to the registration page
- Upon completion of registration, we will send you an email with your user name, password, and link to HLSST in Blackboard Coursesites.
To register for HLSST without logging into the HLAA Portal, please complete the HLSST Enrollment Form.
- Sam Trychin, Ph.D.
- Loraine DiPietro
- Claire Marcus Bernstein, Ph.D.
- Teresa Blankmeyer Burke
- Paul E. Hammerschlag, M.D., FACS
- Michael Harvey, Ph.D.
- Patricia Kricos, Ph.D.
- Rose Aird Minette, MA